1. I didn’t lie to my mother about the pie I ate.
2. It was scorching hot at that hotel in July.
3. We reported the problem to the clerk at the desk.
4. We chose to move to another room.
1. The wind made the trees sway.
2. A bad storm came upon the fishermen.
3. Many people were not able to swim.
4. Rafts were needed to rescue them.
OUR TEST WILL BE ON THURSDAY BECAUSE OF THE FIELD TRIP!!!
We will not be having Spelling or Phonics this week due to TPRI testing and Field Day.
Also, our Vocabulary test will be on Thursday because Friday is Field Day.
Your child should have an information sheet about Field Day in their folder today. Please make sure you bring the item listed by your child’s name on the Pizza Party letter we sent home last week, by Thurday.
1. “I will bring hot dogs and buns,” said Pam.
2. Who would like to plan some games to play?
3. Can we swim in the lake at the park?
4. We should invite Beth to come along.
1. The kind old man told me some tales.
2. The little lost kitten was both blind and cold.
3. The child romped and played in the straw.
4. Its sharp claws got me as it jumped on my lap.
PLEASE emphasize the sentences as you study with your child. Many students are getting the first 12 words correct, but not doing well on the sentence portion of the test. We can only work on the words and sentences so much during class.
1. Braden found four spiders in the corner of the dark barn.
2. The soil there was moist and cool.
3. His cat wanted to sniff them.
4. He didn’t want the spiders to bite his cat on the mouth.
Due to the short week and holiday, there will be no spelling words this week! We had no spelling last week because of school-wide testing. We will resume normal spelling next week.